Monday, March 5, 2012

Attorney General Eric Holder Defends the Right to Kill Americans

Apparently, some bureaucrats believe it's OKAY to go kill American citizens if they pose 'an imminent threat'.

But wait! Before you lock and load that shotgun and go looking for scumbag hackers who pose an 'imminent threat' to your paypal account, know that it only applies to the government. That's right, the US government is allowed to KILL YOU without having to consult with a court, if they can simply claim that you pose an 'imminent threat'. If that doesn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy from the inside out, I don't know what will, but you should try swallowing some boiling hot cyanide-laced tea.

Sure, they can do whatever the hell they want, after all, they have the guns, so they make the rules. Regardless of this executive power-grab, it's still illegal and unconstitutional. In case you have been living under a rock and do not know the text of the fifth amendment to the US Constitution, here it is:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Sounds prettty clear to me. The government cannot kill you without due process of law, and a decision by the executive branch does not  qualify as due process. No ifs, no buts, no way.

Of course I am putting my life on the line by exercising my first amendment right to free speech by publicly taking this stance. Now, I might as well be targeted for assassination by my own government for saying sh*t like that.

This is the same reason why I oppose the death penalty on principle. I simply do not trust the government with preserving life and limb. The USA has a really, really, really bad track record on this. This country might as well change its name to North Korea of America.

The golden rule should be:

The government should not be in the business of killing citizens. PERIOD.

2 comments:

  1. We're pretty well fucked here. The Democrats (voters, not politicians) were up in arms against the PATRIOT ACT, while it's Republicans (again, voters, not politicians) who oppose this measure. We can't seem to get them on the same side (and it seems to be a slim minority of us who oppose both).

    Then you also have people making individual acts of tyranny legal, as well.

    Also, want me to spruce up your banner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually support the so-called castle doctrine laws. The idea behind them is that you shouldn't have to retreat from your own home in the face of a home invasion. You should have the right to stand your ground and defend your life and property by using force if necessary, without fear of prosecution. It is not tyranny to defend one's own home. I believe a stand-your-ground law while inside your own home is a natural extension of personal self-defense. No, I am not going to run out of my house like a pussy and let some douche take my laptop and my cat, violate my dogs, burn the curtains, flood the basement and poop on my couch, an g*d knows what else. I should have every right to stand my ground, it's my home. That's not tyranny. And a castle doctrine, contrary to what some people believe, is not a license to kill, those laws typically include conditions for use. Although not all states have such laws officially on the books, some implicitly recognize such a right through case law.
    I think it's quite a stretch to call such things tyrannical.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine#States_with_weak_or_no_specific_Castle_Law

    I have to say I kind of like the simplicity of the current banner. Did you have a better idea?

    ReplyDelete