Saturday, December 10, 2011

Invented People


GOP amphibian Newt (pictured on the left), recently offended Palestinians by calling them 'an invented people'. In his own words: "Remember, there was no Palestine as a state — (it was) part of the Ottoman Empire. I think we have an invented Palestinian people who are in fact Arabs and historically part of the Arab community [..]". Well ain't that a funny observation. Perhaps someone with knowledge of U.S. history should educate Newt about how Americans are themselves an invented people. Yeah, that's right. Remember, there was no America as a state, it was part of the British Empire. I think we have an invented American people who are in fact British and historically part of the British community. You can quote me on that, you silly invented Americans!


Disclaimer: I wrote this after 2 glasses of Sauvignon Blanc and 2 shots of cheap vodka, so go easy on me in terms of retaliation. My inhibitions are lessened and as I write this, I honestly don't give a damn.

2 comments: