Monday, May 9, 2011

Note to self #678*

*Ok, 678 is a random number. Who cares?

Tonight on my way home from work, I stopped by the Red Cross to make a blood donation.

The problem is, I had a vigorous weight lifting session at lunch time, and as a result, I was slightly dehydrated. Apparently, the exertion draws all the blood to the muscles, and no matter how much water you drink afterwards, you are still slightly dehydrated for the next 24 hours. Anyway. I got dizzy.

No, I didn't look at the bag of blood this time. (Never do that, FYI... "That all came out of my body???")

They didn't even have free pizza tonight. Usually they do. I had to settle for a nasty dry donut. Well, maybe not nasty, but it wasn't pizza, that's for sure.

I don't know why I'm always in there giving blood. There is zero benefit to me. (Other than free food and raffle tickets.) Maybe it's because once in a while I dare answering the phone when they call, and then I don't want to say no.

So the moral of the story is, if you want to save a life, give blood. Just make sure to skip the gym on that day. And never look at the bag of blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment