Sunday, April 24, 2011

How my car saved the life of a mouse



Late last night as I was driving home, I saw some movement up ahead. Some animal was running in circles and figure eights on the road. As I got closer, I realized it was a domestic cat chasing a mouse. The cat was so absorbed by the chase, that it ignored the car until the last moment. Then he jumped off to the right side of the road, and the mouse scurried away to safety on the left side of the road. Of course, the cat probably went hunting for the mouse again as soon as I was gone, but I did buy some time for the rodent.

So the moral of the story is that when everything seems lost, not everything is lost. Events completely out of your control could change your fortunes.

So hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment