Thursday, February 3, 2011

Egyptians should follow Gandhi's example



Who the hell wants to go to a public square and throw rocks at each other? Not me. I like to watch the UFC, but getting run down by dudes on camels and getting rocks thrown at me is not my idea of fun. Maybe I'm a wuss. I don't know.

Seems like Egyptians should follow the example of Mahatma Gandhi and use non-violent means of protest. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe Mubarak won't give a damn. Maybe the west should stop its imperialist habit of supporting dictatorships worldwide.

They should at least watch the movie that was made about Gandhi's life.

Or they could keep doing what they are doing right now, and throw rocks and molotov cocktails at each other. Whatever floats their boat I guess.

The best way to end a dictatorship is to 'stop feeding the pig', as my colleague the Anarchist DBA says. That is, stop working, stop paying taxes, and let the tax hungry state starve and waste away.

But you can expect gasoline prices to increase either way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not trying to egg you on or take a cheap shot at you... but this seems like an odd stance for a "gun-toting" indicidual. I know plenty of otherwise level-headed people own guns, but one of the classic (and most ridiculous) arguments for gun ownership is for these very situations, where one would want to be armed should a revolution occurred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are those who look for a fight, and instead of finding one, end up causing one.

    The novice will often ask the martial arts master "What would you do if you were attacked in a dark alley at night?", to which the master replies: "Fool! Why the hell would I be walking down a dark alley at night?"

    ReplyDelete