Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Death and Taxes.


I just paid my income taxes.

I should feel relieved, but I don't. I hate accounting. Forcing people to pay taxes, I'm actually OK with that. Forcing people to try figure out asset depreciation and amortization recapture? That is CRUEL AND UNUSUAL.

Oh of course, to add insult to injury, I have to PAY a professional to figure this stuff out because your rules are so ABSURDLY convoluted?

Just take the god-damn money and leave me alone! Figure out the paperwork for yourselves...

Amortization recapture... just shoot me, please.

Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor not a savant.

3 comments:

  1. It's a sick combination of people clamoring for tax breaks (which they implement like a company would... with coupons and mail-in rebates and other complex methods to discourage a claim) and of course... the all powerful accountant lobby.

    I think their next move is to alter our phones to be numbered like a calculator, with one in the bottom left and nine in the top right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually this year for the first time in my life I will actually get money back.

    I'm not complaining about all the other years, being self-employed I didn't have taxes taken out of my check every week like you guys all had to do. So if I didn't send them enough each quarter It would catch up with me at the end of the year.

    Me and Geenks also recently left comments over at the Maryland Crustacean's place about tax stuff. Mine comments haven't showed up yet, but they will later tonight or tomorrow?

    Also, you sound like a libertarian? I don't usually tell people or even care, but if I was to be associated with a political party, I'd say I'm definitely a libertarian.

    Later Lordship, feeno

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 out of 10 people die. :(

    ReplyDelete