Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Theory on the Origin of Life

I came across an exciting new theory on the origins of life. Scientists think life started in oceanic alkaline hydrothermal vents, in which amino acids started to form and began self-assembling into RNA and DNA molecules, and powered by a process called chemiosmosis, in which a proton-powered enzyme makes ATP.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20427306.200-was-our-oldest-ancestor-a-protonpowered-rock.html?full=true

This means that we are potentially very close to be able to observe the creation of new life, and possibly even, to artificially create new life. I predict we will, eventually, create artificial life, and we will see that there is no divine intervention needed. We will see that there is no soul. There is only chemistry and physics.

3 comments:

  1. Forgive my off topicness. But I know a dude from India(I think?) I mean he sounds like slum dog millionare. Any ways we kinda cool with one another. He owns a small drive-thru type store. He is gonna get me some IPA. The cool thing is he didn't know it by India Pale Ale, then he thought for a minute and said "OH IPA". He said not many people carry it around here. But he has another little store about 35-40 minutes away that sells it. He's bringing me down a 6 pack. Let you know later what's up.

    As far as your creating life blog, don't hold your breath.

    Peace out, feeno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I picked up my 6 pack tonight on the way home from a job. (Nuh-gash) brought it in for me. I hope it's the right stuff, it's IPA but it's called White Hawk. I called my dude to see if he wants to critique it with me, so I think it'll be thurs. night before I slam one?
    Thanks for the tip, let you know whats up?

    Peace bro. feeno

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lot more bitter than I'm used to."

    2 swallows and it knocked me on my ass.
    Actually me and my best friend just crushed a pizza and a few IPA's not more than 20 minutes ago. Im using his computer now. He said thanks for the tip, but were gonna go back to PBR.

    Peace out, feen

    ReplyDelete